What camera systems did you consider before buying Fuji X?

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Dennis2958 Contributing Member • Posts: 532
What camera systems did you consider before buying Fuji X?

I am at a crossroads in my photographic life where I am ready to sell my Nikon D800's and all of the lenses and downsize to a smaller system. In researching different camera systems I find it easy to confuse myself between my future needs and what I really need.

I have shot stock photography from the early 1970's. I shoot every conceivable subject and don't really focus on one. It was really an eclectic approach to the business. At 71 I am ready to back off of shooting the moving subjects and concentrate mostly on travel and event subjects. A glorified snap shooter one might call it.

To the camera system.

I have done research on the Nikon1 system and the Fuji X system to fulfill my needs. I sort of lean towards the Fuji cmos system over the cx Nikon system for quality? reasons. I would really appreciate feedback from shooters who settled on a system and why a particular system. What other systems did you consider like Canon, Sony, or others before making your final decision.

I am only considering non DSLR systems at this point.

All input and thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

I am posting this thread in the Nikon 1 forum to get differing opinions.

Dennis2958's gear list:Dennis2958's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow