Do you really see THAT much difference in images?

Started Jul 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 33,122
Some do, some don't.

rkhndjr wrote:

I read so much about the IQ with this or that camera and lens that I truly wonder if I am just not seeing the same images at times. It has always seemed to me that an image from any decent camera and lens was good in my estimation, disregarding all the highly technical aspects which are brought up in replies. Is there really that much change between images taken with any camera and lens?? How many look forward to seeing a nice picture without critique of some sort. Do all the equations and talk of the sensors, et cetera lead to a better understanding of how to take a good picture, and is it necessary? Just my thoughts this morning and I hope I did not offend any one. No bad thoughts in my mind, just curious.

A better understanding of anything one does makes for a better experience of that thing.    Whether a better understanding is worth pursuing has to do with one's interest in that thing.   If it's just for fun and personal satisfaction, that's one way to take on that thing.   If one has a more ambitious interest in that thing their perspective on that thing will be of another level that the other guy won't be able to appreciate (or appreciates that that perspective doesn't relate to their interests at all, fine and well).

This is what you're running into here, there being such a mix of tastes, experience, and skills.    Maybe the audience you seek is elsewhere to be found, this audience being what it is.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony Alpha 7R II Fujifilm X-T2 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow