Dumb Sony NEX Viewfinder Question...

Started Jul 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Mel Snyder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,088
So THAT is why I see people shooting with iPads!

Guy Howard wrote:

Bought a Nex-7 for two reasons: 1) sensor, 2) weight. I am a baby boomer ex pro photographer who grew up with manual focus, but love freedom of digital vs. film. Once I learned how to setup manual focus in Nex-7 with the EVF, I now use it exclusively and love it. Diopter adjustment on EVF takes care of my old eyes, and I use LCD only for overhead or ground level shots. I believe Sony does not realize the potential market to baby boomers - I am constantly being stopped on hikes and explaining the benefits of shooting without glasses and being able to see and focus critically again.

Guy, it's interesting you say that about (us) boomers. I see people our age shooting with iPads because they can't see the little screens on iPhones and P&S cameras. As an Apple shareholder, I probably shouldn't steer people away from iPad-ography, but with the camera connector, you can port in your images!

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow