7D - 70D - 7D2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
wihakowi Regular Member • Posts: 242
Re: 7D - 70D - 7D2

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

muckd wrote:

I would guess that keeping out flip out screens have more to do with it not being perceived as pro enough.

There you guess wrong. The infrastructure to be able to flip the screen out takes space

I sure don't want to guess wrong but I don't know what you mean by

"and the frame of the LCD needs more space to be sturdy enough."

Strong enough for what? Dropping a T3i with - flipped out - screen and having no damage (been there) or having an old 40D fall with a tripod and crack the - fixed - LCD screen (been there too)?

This results in bad compromises in either screen size or control element placement. The Olympus designers went for a sub par LCD size and the Canon designers went for a sub par user interface. In both cases the results are not desirable unless you absolutely need the slip out screen when you may be forced to contend with the down sides of the design...

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

I keep hearing this complaint about loss of controls on the left hand side of the body or bad controls placement caused by a flip out screen taking up space or ........

The challenge in that thinking is that not all of us think the left side controls are always all that intuitive or handy. I take a large percentage of shots with a large lens where my left hand is either constantly under (hand held) or over (using gimbal head) the lens, my left hand is nowhere near the left controls on the 7D. Give me a preview button accessible from my right hand thumb. Give me the Q button over there too. Ditto the menu. Oh heck, go ahead and put them all over on the right side!

Steve

wihakowi's gear list:wihakowi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow