I want a better kit lens for travel...where to go?, please no primes...

Started Jul 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
grey0135 Regular Member • Posts: 223
Re: I want a better kit lens for travel...where to go?, please no primes...

JMaldonado01 wrote:

Hello,

I use my Oly EP L2 mainly for travel and I have the 14 - 42 & 40 - 150, the last one a great lens, every picture I take with it has great focus and contrast, makes beautiful pictures...but it gets used not that often because of being a long lens. The kit 14 - 42, it is just Ok, but really, doesn't produce great shots, I mean sharp and contrasty. I don't want to go the prime route (I know SIGMAS 19 & 30 are a good option) due to missing shots and the pana 12 - 35 is out of the equation, too expensive...So, what do you use as reasonable kit lens for travel.

I highly recommend either the 9-18mm or the 12-35mm.  Both offer very useful focal ranges for sightseeing.  The 9-18 is obviously wider and slower, but is also lighter in weight.  The 12-35 is fast enough to use indoors, and gives you just enough reach for a portrait shot (bokeh at 35mm 2.8 is very nice.  Not as blurry as some of the faster primes, so you want to make sure the background is not too distracting).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow