D600 - Is this ok?

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Questions thread
CFynn Veteran Member • Posts: 5,224
Re: Interesting

RCicala wrote:

A couple of thoughts on why Nikon rentals are down.

1) In 2012 there were a lot of cameras and lenses that just weren't very available. We had them in stock and rented constantly. It might be 2012 was the aberration and people were renting things like D800s that they were waiting for their purchases to come through. I think this is the most likely because Nikon camera rentals are down more than lens rentals.

2) A lot of Nikon shooters have bought new cameras and lenses in the last year. They may be less interested in exploring new gear this year.

3) It occurred to me that fanboys are mad at me for comments about Nikon repairs and that might affect rentals. I've talked to other rental shops, though, and they all seem to be seeing the same thing, so I doubt this is very significant.

1 & 2 make sense.

I think even most Nikon fanboys will now grudgingly admit that Nikon's repair and QC have been slipping.

Too bad, because they once had an excellent reputation for service.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon D850 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow