7D - 70D - 7D2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Karl Gnter Wnsch Forum Pro • Posts: 11,408
Bad 60D UI continued on 70D...

skanter wrote:

...except you are the only person on this forum who has used a 60D who has complained of this supposed "compromise of control elements".

I am by far not alone. Just that most of those that tried the 60D and didn't like it did what is logical: They didn't buy it... The problem is that the combination of smaller thumb wheel, center 8-way controller replacing joystick and fiddly small button in the middle is only resulting in unwanted actions. Every time I used the thumb wheel on the 60D my focus point jumped all over the place because the 8-way-rocker reacted to the slightest of touches (which are inevitable due to the lack of size) and as I need a fast way to select AF point I configure all my cameras to allow direct focus point selection without having to press the AF selection button. On the 60D this simply was impossible due to the mushy 8-way controller.

As the thumb wheel on the 70D is even smaller I have little hope for that UI to be any more useable - even though it would be desperately needed due to the better AF module.

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

Karl Gnter Wnsch's gear list:Karl Gnter Wnsch's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow