Nikon D300 versus Nikon D800

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
CeleryBeats Contributing Member • Posts: 858
Re: Nikon D300 versus Nikon D800

Linthicum wrote:

Why am I not seeing a noticeable difference in the photo quality being posted versus what can be achieved from other DSLR's ? I have a D800 on order but beginning to wonder if it's worth $3,000 compared to my current D300. I don't take that many photos in poor lighting conditions. Video would be a plus, I guess. I have just been unable to say "WOW". I don't mean to be critical but I would like to hear some candid opinions on this subject. Where are the "WOW" photos ?

Don't worry. I can show you RX-100 images and convince you it's from a D800. And the other way around.

Let's not forget digital sharing does not do a D800 justice. Let's look at beautiful 40x60 prints and talk about the D800's true magic.

Now. Another point is that D800's image quality fun starts when you start post processing those RAW's. The flexibility you have is something you have to experience by yourself.

If you don't bother with prints or view images at huge screens, don't need amazing dynamic range, rich colors or great noise performance;

Don't worry about it.

CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Pentax K-5 Sony a6300 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow