7D - 70D - 7D2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Calliope
Calliope Senior Member • Posts: 1,536
Re: Ironic subject line: I wish this thread would die.

skanter wrote:

howardroark wrote:

The 7DII isn't the same as a Rebel release six months after the last Rebel. Nobody thought the 7DII would be an incremental update. It's been about four years and the 7DII will certainly incorporate major improvements. Using an amazing AF module that's 4 years old in a new lower-model release isn't a bad thing and it also says something about the 7DII: it will be better.

Can we stop talking about the 7DII now? Can we stop talking about the 70D? The speculation about two cameras that, for all intents and purposes, don't exist yet are old. After Canon came out with a huge technological advancement in the 70D there are still people like you saying that Canon has a policy of incremental changes. You know what I think their policy is? They invest millions of dollars and years of research in their imaging systems and as soon as they can cram a new technology into a camera and make it affordable, they do.

The pace of advances has slowed, and rightly so. Our culture of instant gratification and pure boredom when there is the slightest momentary lapse in stimulus is not leading to us being happier, it is making us miserable and unsatisfied with the stunningly amazing tools we already have at our disposal.

+++1. This obsession with new technology is destructive, and has nothing to do with photography.

[rant mode on]

I know this is a "gear forum", but almost all of the cameras posters own on this forum are overkill for their photographic skills and talents, yet they continually want more, more, more. Good photography comes from your eye and brain, not from the latest cool technology or expensive lenses.

[rant mode off]

But the technology helps:) I admit my cameras are overkill right now but I am working quite hard to grow into them. It is possible to enjoy what you have while anticipating something more. The key is to keep enjoying what is in hand at the moment.

Calliope's gear list:Calliope's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow