7D - 70D - 7D2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 63,541
Re: 7D - 70D - 7D2

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Bobn2 wrote:

The top end crop sensor cam for speed and action might be the 70D,

It's not, because the 7D has not been discontinued. So the 70D is not the top end crop camera and it can never be that!

If the 7D was discontinued, then the 70D would become the top end crop camera, just like the 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D and 50D were.

Not the point. The point is that the only part of the market for which the 7D Mark II would be a must have' is those that demand more than 7FPS plus a few other features.

You have an overly simplified and completely and utterly wrong view on things.

Not the right way of looking at things. The right way of looking at things is that I have a sophisticated and well thought out and probably correct view on things.

That was Nikon that was set back by the earthquake, not Canon,

Hm, strangely enough the earth quake set back the Canon production by about a year.

Really? Evidence for that? It didn't set Nikon back by a year, and Nikon had two whole plants destroyed, while Canon had none damaged. so you are saying that Canon's production management is so inferior to Nikon's.

I don't know in which world you are living but it must not be the one where Canon lost several production lines and the supply chain broke together due to the earth quake.

That's right, I'm living in the world where 'Hirotomo Fujimori, a Tokyo-based spokesman for Canon based in Tokyo, told news agency Bloomberg that the world’s biggest camera manufacturer ‘didn’t suffer damage to plants that would halt output’.

Read more at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/photo-news/534992/canon-camera-factories-suffer-damage-in-japan-quake-update#EQpcHtT8QLivA9mu.99

Could you post a link to these sales figure, presumably you have looked at them, since you say

Sorry, these figures are confidential to those that work in that field.

That's convenient for you, isn't it. Pardon me for being sceptical.

That's probably just because of all the people buying second-hand 7D's from people who have upgraded to the 6D.

I am going to stop arguing with someone who has no clue whatsoever. This is my final answer on this matter. You are clueless and I will treat you like it...

Funny, some people would see it the other way round....

-- hide signature --

Bob

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow