7D - 70D - 7D2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Naylor
David Naylor Contributing Member • Posts: 806
Re: 7D - 70D - 7D2

Here's my position as a camera consumer:

I have the 7D and five lenses, four of which are specifically made for crop cameras. I bought the 7D not primarily for its frames per seconds, but for its ergonomics (better than the 60D or 70D in my eyes), for the great AF, for the resolution (best of its time), and the wireless flash control.

If I had twice as much money to spend on what is essentially a hobby I would buy the 5D mIII without thinking twice, and upgrade my lenses to full-frame alternatives. However, thankfully I have a wife who makes me more sensible.

The 70D is very close to feeling like a good future option for me, but I can't help feeling it would be a downgrade ergonomically. (The same way many felt about the changes from 50D to 60D.)

By now I believe there are a *lot* of 7D owners out there. I find it hard to believe that Canon would leave us all "out in the cold", having to either switch down to the 70D or “across” to the rather differently specced 6D or “way up” to the expensive 5D.

If or when the 7D mII does come out, I would like it to have wifi, gps, dual pixel AF and higher resolution. I'm a firm believer in high resolution being a good thing.

David Naylor's gear list:David Naylor's gear list
Sony a7 III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow