D600 - Is this ok?

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Questions thread
wf1 New Member • Posts: 16
Re: D600 - Is this ok?

gvidal wrote:

Bob in Baltimore wrote:

You do not have a significant problem. You will, however, need to clean it from time to time.

I don't think what you have is oil, but I am not expert in that diagnosis. (Mako, a veteran member of the DX forum diagnosed my D7000 problem as not oil, and these look the same to me.)

Not all dust is easily blown away by a "rocket" blower. You would be well advised to learn how to wet clean it yourself. Lots of videos around, but nothing compares to seeing somebody do it in person. My dealer would take it in the back room and charge me $50. They didn't like for me to wait. Part of the reason is that it is really so simple that, if you saw how little time it took you would be outraged at a $50 charge!

I got the salesman who sold it to me to show me how to do it. If they think that they can avoid having to replace it with another camera (which you could insist on) they might be more willing to show you how.

If you bought it online ... well, when all of the brick and mortar stores are gone we will all be in trouble. Whenever possible, buy your equipment from somebody who is within choking distance. ;=)

Thanks for the info!

If you bought it online, still you can buy a cleaning kit (blower and swaps) in a professional store, probably they will show you how to use it.

-

-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/germanvidal/

wf1's gear list:wf1's gear list
Nikon D600
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
wf1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow