How to properly compare RX-100 and NEX-6 kit high ISO noise?

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
DjMike
DjMike Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: How to properly compare RX-100 and NEX-6 kit high ISO noise?

This may be an old thread but I would like to share some of my thoughts. I'm not a pro photographer, in fact I'm a newbie. I'm just a guy who likes to take photos of almost everything. But recently I have been interested with portrait photography. I have a NEX-6, It's tiny but I like it, people can't believe it has an APS-C sensor in it. They thought it was just another point n shoot camera, so the people around me almost doesn't care if I'm taking photos of them ( I also like street photography ). But when they see the results, they were like WOW! Was that taken with that NEX-6? I say, "YES" The BOKEH, especially when I use the SEL50F18 is just AMAZING! Try doing that on the RX100...NOT, just cannot be. I'm not saying that the RX100 cannot take good photos, it can. Depending on what you want it to achieve. But there are really those limiting factors with the nature of it. So yeah, the sensor size debate is old now. This is just my honest opinion. Keep shooting!
P.S
The RX100 ii is out now and it's tempting. But whenever I think of doing my portrait strobist type shoots, I say "NAHHH" It can't still compete with the NEX-6. Cheers!

-- hide signature --

DjMike

DjMike's gear list:DjMike's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-Pro2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow