7D - 70D - 7D2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 29,524
Re: 7D - 70D - 7D2

Birdman7 wrote:

Prior to the release of the EOS 70D, many would have thought that the specs of that camera, which were posted on some online rumour sites, could well have belonged to be that of the 7D2, especially taking into account the similarities in sensor performance of the 5D3 compared to its predecessor. Canon's 'incremental update' policy probably also gave credence to beliefs those rumoured specs indeed belonged to the 7D2.

Says, who?  I think just you.  The 70D's less than 100% OVF, less than 8 fps, SD card, non magnesium body, and flip-out LCD are all red flags to not be a 7D2.

In hindsight, those rumours were slightly off the mark, although the other ramblings of a 24MP APS-C camera being tested in the field could well be the sensor used in the upcoming 7D2. The 70D, seems to have been fitted with some interesting performance features, such as the 7D AF module, customisation and 7FPS. Its quite a comprehensive feature list for a xxD body, and areasonable improvement from a camera to whom its closely related (7D) but not meant to replace.

Which brings us back to the question, are any inovative features going to be incorporated into the 7D2 that we dont know of, apart from the suspected WIFI, GPS, perhaps dual-pixel focus etc?

My guess is neither of those go into the 7D2.  Those are gimmicks that usually don't go into a Pro model.

The release of the 70D may be a sign that Canon has heard past complaints from its customers and will release a sucessor to the 7D with a substantial feature list Improvement

Just look at the 5D3.  1D-series AF and 2 added fps.

We wont have to wait too long!

Canonrumors suggest no 7D2 shipped this year, although it might be announced.  If it were to be announced this year shipping next year I would not think it be announced until October or November.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow