Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,604
Re: Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

the Mtn Man wrote:

artlmntl wrote:

After reading all these horror stories, I feel like I should think twice before buying a Nikon...

Classic FUD ("Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt"), which is why I tend to regard consumer horror stores like this with a reasonable degree of suspicion.

Go ahead and do that until you have your first experience. I personally do not own any other brand of DSLR. They are that good. Check my gallery to verify. But every time I have to deal with Nikon I want to tear my own hair out. Their customer service is that frustrating and unpleasant.

Over the last 2 years I have had 2 shutters fail. One under warranty and the other outside of warranty.

The first occasion was for a D70. I sent back a faulty camera more than once with an insistence there was no issue - on that occasion I had to shoot video to show the shutter jam occurring and threaten to go to the consumer body after having the camera returned for the 3rd time at which point the retailer replaced the camera. I was even ridiculed as some kind of looney by a manager at Nikon who was about to leave the company. That was my first experience and it took months to resolve.

On the second occasion I had to go back 3-4 times and that was on my dollar. I could reproduce the error within minutes of getting the camera back "fixed". That time was through Nikon's authorised agent at a time where they were not handling their own repairs.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow