Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,604
Re: They sent me a new camera

toomanycanons wrote:

"They seem to be the "Fawlty Towers" of the camera world, I've read so many complaints about Nikon service as well as experiencing it first-hand. I found them consistently bad in all my interactions with them, if it was a "one-off" it wouldn't happen so consistently."

Consistently bad in all your interactions? Boy, I feel fortunate that I've never had any problems with 11 Nikon bodies and numerous Nikkor lenses. Never had to contact Nikon customer service. Lucky me.

- I'd bet good money all your bodies have hot pixels. Which of course won't matter in 95% of photos but the moment they occur on a subject's eye or other area of critical attention on a photo they become a real annoyance - especially if you don't see

- The only reason you've not seen a shutter fail is you're spreading your photography out over 11 bodies. Possibly you're not doing much in the way of action photography?

- If you've never had to deal with Nikon giving you the run around and over-charging on a repair you should indeed feel lucky.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow