Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
cerberusjf Regular Member • Posts: 350
Re: They sent me a new camera

Juggernaut122 wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

Congrats with your new camera. After all it seems, that you can now go out doing what it is all ment for - shooting Pictures.

BirgerH.

Absolutely!

Really a pity that Nikon would treat its customers so poorly that it would take 9 months to get the camera fixed/replaced.

Thanks

Glad to hear that you got a new camera form Nikon at last.  I can't imagine why they would try to repair your camera AGAIN rather than confirm that they would send a replacement in an e-mail.  That is VERY poor customer service, but it seems to be normal behaviour for Nikon.   They act as if they are doing you a favour when they they are only fulfilling their legal obligations (in the UK at least).

They seem to be the "Fawlty Towers" of the camera world, I've read so many complaints about Nikon service as well as experiencing it first-hand.  I found them consistently bad in all my interactions with them, if it was a "one-off" it wouldn't happen so consistently.

Hopefully it is fixed now, but the focus does seem inconsistent with your D5200.  Maybe check it thoroughly?   I would not necessarily fully trust Nikon to test equipment properly.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow