5D3 vs D800E: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
rkodama1 Contributing Member • Posts: 781
Re: 5D3 vs D800E: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to perform the comparison and posting your results and thoughts.  While you can't please everyone and there will be a certain level of criticism, I thought you did a great job of explaining your requirements, approach and most importantly, publishing your images that support your conclusion.  Both systems are incredible photographic tools and unless you have a requirement that really needs to take advantage of one of the camera's specific strength, you can't go wrong with either system.  Your information provides an additional data point that people can use to evaluate differences between the 2 cameras and ultimately everyone will have to decide what weight to give this information.  I have been a Canon shooter for 10 years and to date, have not seen a compelling reason to change systems.

One question for you - I believe you stated a few months ago that you would bypass the 5DMKIII and wait for the next high resolution body from Canon.  What changed your mind?

-- hide signature --

Randy

rkodama1's gear list:rkodama1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow