Help - Compact Camera with Swivel display

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KALIWELL New Member • Posts: 3
Help - Compact Camera with Swivel display

I'm looking for an inexpensive compact (light and small) camera to take on holiday.  I'm not much of a photographer, so usually photo's are of friends or the holiday scenery.  Ideally I wanted something with a swivel display. As when I travel it's usually just two of us friends taking pics of one another, this way we can also take pictures together too.

I had identified two camera's that I liked the sound of, though not particularly good camera brands.. one is Samsung and the other is BenQ.

They are

BenQ G1

http://shop.benq.eu/store/benqeu/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.19795600/productID.254281600

Samsung Multiview MV800

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/samsung-mv900f-163-megapixel-multi-view-smart-camera-with-wi-fi-white/1236274801.prd

To be clear I'm not looking for a professional camera, as will buy a better camera at a later stage which will be bigger with all the frills, but for now I just wanted something small and compact with the swivel. What I like about the BenQ G1 is the background defocus feature. I think the Samsung may be better but my questions are:

1) Does anyone know if you can do background defocus manually on the Samsung MV800?

2) Would you choose the BenQ or the Samsung. I currently have a Samsung compact which Im about to get rid of since the night photographs are really bad, I often get blurring and the camera is slow, often by the time I take the picture (even on auto settings) the person has moved. Photo's often come out dark too... all in all I wasnt impressed and therefore hesitant to get another Samsung.

3) If anyone knows of another slender, swivel display compact camera (with built in flash and fully retracting lense) that is better than either of these then please let me know.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind Regards.

ANSWER:
Samsung MV800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow