Cell phones not taking over?

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
brownie314
brownie314 Senior Member • Posts: 1,911
Re: Cell phones not taking over?

opusone wrote:

A few months back I was stoned and barbecued for suggesting that camera phones might be heading to replacing even DSLRs.

Enter Nokia's 41 MP with 6 Zeiss lenses. How long could it be now? http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/07/11/professional-camera-power-to-the-people-with-nokia-pro-camera/

Of course I will still be stoned and roasted again for posting this. But isn't everyone torn to shreds for posting most anything in these forums? Which is why I rarely post and even more rarely return to read responses.

I'm just sayin'...the future is almost NOW.

41MP? Wow, it must be better than the Nikon D800. Nikon could only stuff 36 megapixels in that piece of crap. I am sure this new Nokia is well on it's way to replacing every pro photographers camera.

Of course you are going to get stoned on a website where people care about things like - I don't know - image quality, speed of operation, ruggedness of devices, ability to interface with flash systems, I could go on for a long time here. But what I mean is, cell phones won't replace dslrs (for people who actually care about photography) any more than cell phones will replace supercomputers for scientific work.

brownie314's gear list:brownie314's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Canon EOS M
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
tko
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow