Debating between the RX100 and Nikon 1 or Micro 4/3

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Craig Gillette Veteran Member • Posts: 9,742
Re: Debating between the RX100 and Nikon 1 or Micro 4/3

I have had some time with my daughter's RX100 and really like it.  What I would suggest is considering if you want to hold off on the original versus the new model. One of the big add-ons is the flash shoe - which can take a seriously costy viewfinder - and it adds to the size issues.  The tilt rear panel adds a bit of depth but probably not significant.  My gut feel is that if you have to have a viewfinder, then cost and size features suggest something else might be a better choice.  OTOH, if you can do with the zoom range and the lcd, there's very little that compares with it.

But I'd wonder some if the new model will be readily available at first.  I think it's going to be quite popular and may fly off the shelves if the first shipments are smallish and spread out.  You might want to just go with the old one and know you have it and have some time to work up with it.  It's both simple and fairly complex because it has a ton of capabilities and features and might take a while to get used to.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
0lf
0lf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow