"White Box" EOS M-EF Adapter

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Timothy R Butler Regular Member • Posts: 143
"White Box" EOS M-EF Adapter

Like it seems like many other folks around the Internet, I finally broke down last week and bought an EOS M. Between the great $350 price for the kit with the 18-55mm lens and the new firmware that seemed to fix the only significant flaw with the camera, I couldn't resist.

At the same time, I bought the EF-EOS M adapter so that I could use my existing EOS lenses with the camera. By the time I pulled the trigger on both, Amazon had a multi-month delay on the adapter, but (as Amazon does) it automatically selected an Amazon merchant that had the adapter in stock for $145 new (i.e. it indicated it was the same product, but through a reseller). Unfortunately, it wasn't the same after all. While, by all indications, it was suppose to be a retail unit, I received a generic white box with no Canon literature inside of it. I contacted the reseller and they said they'd broken up a kit and sold the adapter separately. They insisted the warranty would be the same.

That could be, but I'm wondering if there are any negative implications with this. For example, did the Canon warranty start when they "broke" the kit or when I bought the adapter? Could the adapter be a fake or a floor model? It looks genuine and appears in good shape, but this makes me nervous.

I'm wondering if I should use Amazon's strict A-Z guarantee to ask for a refund.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim

-- hide signature --

Tim Butler, asisaid.com

Timothy R Butler's gear list:Timothy R Butler's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow