Cell phones not taking over?

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
AdamScot Contributing Member • Posts: 602
Re: Cell phones not taking over?

Eh?

Just in case you were replying to me ('though I think you probably weren't), I was just pointing out that the cell phone camera is the modern equivalent of the Instamatic - cheap (free with your phone), highly portable, easy to use and good enough quality for most casual use. We've been through an aberration lately, with people buying better cameras than they need, and spending lots of money doing it. The camera phone is a much closer fit for the needs of Instamatic owners than the digital compact ever was. Given that 110 replaced 126, despite the loss of quality, and that camera phones are better than both, they are a good solution for this segment of the market.

I do expect they will have a major impact on the previously inflated sales of DSLRs and compacts, although they may also provide an incentive for more people to get into photography, so might actually lead to an increase in sales of more expensive gear.

-- hide signature --

Adam

AdamScot's gear list:AdamScot's gear list
Canon PowerShot S70 Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
tko
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow