How many use a lens hood on the 18-55?

Started Jul 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dave_bass5
dave_bass5 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,285
How many use a lens hood on the 18-55?

My M is on its way, ill have it by tomorrow and really looking forward to it.

Its going to replace a 2 year old 60D, that i still have since getting a 5DMKIII.

I always use lens hoods, more so as i tend not to use lens caps much, so i can put the camera with lens attached face down in my bag and not worry about putting a cap on. It makes it easer to shoot on impulse.

Anyway, i was just wondering if many owners use a hood on the kit lens, or does it work fairly well without? The only lens i dont both with a hood on is my 40mm pancake lens, that seems pretty flare resistant. I even use the fairly useless one on the EF-S 18-55, better to have than not to have IMO.

With the M being a bit different i doubt ill need the hood for protection, ill transport it differently, but if it makes a difference to IQ then ill pick one up.

Thanks for any tips etc.

dave_bass5's gear list:dave_bass5's gear list
Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M50 +10 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow