Cell phones not taking over?

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lights
Lights Veteran Member • Posts: 3,573
Re: Cell phones not taking over?

Rexgig0 wrote:

When I retire, I may well smash both of my mobile phones with a hammer. Having to be available via phone for much of my life, as a condition of employment, and having to monitor a radio constantly while at work, I am quite ready to be disconnected. Moreover, neither of my present mobile phones have any images in them, the camera function being a total waste of space.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

I sure can understand your point of view. I work in a service related job, and have the option of turning my phone off (and do), since when it's on can't get anything done...so just call in and see where or when I'm needed every so often. Not that you can...think I'd smash mine with a hammer too, when I didn't need it any more in your case...

I remember seeing a guy I know jump on his pager once (remember those) smashed it into a thousand pieces.

Some of the kids (young adults) I work around are like zombies, there's a certain stare they have when hypnotized to their phones. It's kinda creepy.

-- hide signature --

My Gallery is here -
http://www.pbase.com/madlights
Why so serious? :The Joker

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
tko
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow