Cell phones not taking over?

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
coudet Veteran Member • Posts: 3,974
Re: Cell phones not taking over?

AlanPezz wrote:

I went to my granddaughters kindergarten graduation recently and about 70 percent of the parents were shootin with cell phones. About 15 percent were shooting with DSLRs and 15 percent with bridge cameras. Point and shoots have disappeared.

Not surprised. Cellphones provide the ability to non-photographers to take snapshots. They don't have to buy a camera anymore, they don't have to carry two devices instead of one. Cellphone cameras are perfect for them.

The bridge camera shooters are probably looking for better image quality. Improved cell phones will eat into this market.

IMHO, any improvement in the camera cellphones is wasted on the intended market. I don't know a non-photographer who cares about image quality. I don't know anyone who dumped their Android for a 41mp Nokia. It's not the camera that sells the cellphone.

On the other hand, people who do care, photographers, will not be dumping their cameras for cellphones. IQ is, and will, remain horrible. The overall experience of shooting with a cellphone is, and will, remain horrible.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
tko
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow