Fast Enough For Lightroom 5?

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
tarzan1234 Regular Member • Posts: 168
Re: No... That's a very slow processor

The Mac Mini should do the job just fine. My friend owns one, he upgraded RAM to 8GB, added an SSD and the machine flies through Lightroom and Photoshop. If you don't upgrade, probably it won't be as snappy but I believe it still works quite well. Adding RAM to the Mac Mini is supper easy and cheap though, you at least should consider that. However, I don't see any reason for spending 100 bucks on a copy of Windows. Mac OS works just as well, if not better if you don't plan on running something that is only available for Windows (and I'm saying this as a Windows person). Stay away from any Atom-powered computer, it's not worth it.

Update: I just noticed you linked to the old Mac mini (Sandy Bridge with HD 3000 video). This one still works but there is no reason to get it unless you can get it really cheap. Take a look at the newest one with Ivy Bridge CPU and HD 4000 graphics.

tarzan1234's gear list:tarzan1234's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow