5d Classic 2013? Locked

Started Jul 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 19,902
Re: Dust was the Mark I's Achilles heel

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Richard.

Lars Henrik Kjolberg wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Hemidart wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

Graham Meale wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

canon person wrote:

I had a 5d, a 5D2 and now a 5D3. I liked the IQ of the 5d, HOWEVER, the camera is a dust magnet!!!!! You will most likely have to deal with dust, dust and dust! I remember buying a sensor cleaner,

Um, magnet? No. You realize that a 35mm image sensor is 2.5 times bigger than aps-c which is why it may seem to attract more dust, it just has more area to "gather" dust on.

There are other factors that affect how much dust is a problem, such as construction materials and how much of an electrostatic charge builds up. The 5D Mark I was notorious.

5D mark I? Never heard of that model, was it a minor update to the 5D? As far as I know, there's only been 3 EOS 5D models.

Both of these issues were addressed with the Mark II, along with the introduction of dust mapping and an automatic cleaning system.

Having had a Mark I, II & III, I concur that dust was a major issue with the Mark I, and that

^ are you saying that you cannot connect 5D mk1 to the first generation of the 5D series, or just trolling for post count?

He's saying the camera is called a 5D....they never made a 5D mk1 nor a 5D Classic. Are you saying you cannot grasp that ever so simple concept?

Seriuosly... RedFox and Dave. Get a life. Everybody, including you guys know that the 5D has a lot of nick names. If you don't like it, start you own thread where you can complain all you want!

To the reports of dust on the 5D (happy now?). I never had much dust on my copy.

-- hide signature --

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow