EOS-M noise reduction settings

Started Jul 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
rjjr Forum Pro • Posts: 14,546
Re: OK...

papillon_65 wrote:

rjjr wrote:

digital88 wrote:

Are you shooting [A]+ mode or P mode? I believe that in the former it is limited to Auto ISO. You may be better to switch to the Basic Zone and then choose landscape.

As the previous poster said, if you are using a point and shoot (your Nikon 8400) it will have vast depth of field, so everything will be pretty much in focus. The EOS M is a much different animal with an APS sized sensor so the lens will need to be stopped down more to get more depth of field.

Now I'm wishing for a distance scale on the lens or a focus distance readout on the LCD so I can use hyperfocal settings.

Many EF lenses do have a distance scale so if you use them with the adaptor then you're good to go.

Thanks, I know and I do use my L glass on the EOS-M but I think the 22mm STM would make a decent landscape lens (obviating the need to carry my EF lens and adaptor) but it doesn't have a distance scale..

Come to think of it, why don't digital cameras have a focus distance readout on the live-view LCD or EVF when so equipped? Seems to me it shouldn't be hard to implement.  In fact it shouldn't be difficult to implement a hyperfocal option in a landscape mode where the processor calculates the hyperfocal distance based on camera parameters and sets the lens to focus at that distance.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow