>>>>>The Weekly Close Up 7/12/13<<<<<

Started Jul 12, 2013 | Photos thread
Drummer Forum Pro • Posts: 12,270
Brad

Brad Ross wrote:

The first two are Aurora Damsel? I especially like the second, I am still trying to learn the different varieties , also a question, that 500D, I have the EC14, it appears you do also, when would you choose the 500D, ?, on certain lenses?

-- hide signature --

Brad Ross

Thanks for the ID. There are so many varieties it's hard to ID them positively. I was thinking a Bluet but then you may be right.

The 500D is advertised to be used on lenses with a focal length from 70 to 300mm. I use it on the 50-200 with step up ring usually full out and without the ec14. Just never had good success with that combo. I will use the 50-200 and 500D when I think I can get in close (~12"-16") to a subject like the feeding damsel. I've used the 250D with my C8080. It is advertised for lenses with a focal length from 30 to 135mm. That was perfect for that camera's 28-140mm lens. Either one, the D model means they have two achromatic elements that corrects CA.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/bluesfish
http://www.dpreview.com/Galleries/7824292590/photos
If you can't make sense, go make nonsense. It's better than no sense at all.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow