>>>>>The Weekly Close Up 7/12/13<<<<<

Started Jul 12, 2013 | Photos thread
Drummer Forum Pro • Posts: 12,270
Brad

Brad Ross wrote:

The first two are Aurora Damsel? I especially like the second, I am still trying to learn the different varieties , also a question, that 500D, I have the EC14, it appears you do also, when would you choose the 500D, ?, on certain lenses?

Thanks for the ID. There are so many varieties it's hard to ID them positively. I was thinking a Bluet but then you may be right.

The 500D is advertised to be used on lenses with a focal length from 70 to 300mm. I use it on the 50-200 with step up ring usually full out and without the ec14. Just never had good success with that combo. I will use the 50-200 and 500D when I think I can get in close (~12"-16") to a subject like the feeding damsel. I've used the 250D with my C8080. It is advertised for lenses with a focal length from 30 to 135mm. That was perfect for that camera's 28-140mm lens. Either one, the D model means they have two achromatic elements that corrects CA.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/bluesfish
http://www.dpreview.com/Galleries/7824292590/photos
If you can't make sense, go make nonsense. It's better than no sense at all.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow