As an avid m4/3 (and other ILC) user, let me chime in here....

Started Jul 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
papillon_65 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,030
Re: Simply not true.....

AdamT wrote:

Maybe its the software you're using, I had the GH2 prior to the OMD and it's clearly ahead of that camera using LR 4.

It certainly was in detail using the same lens as if the OMD had a weaker AA filter - I was using Capture one to develop the files , RAW converters do differ quite strongly .

The GH2 has excellent resolution with a decent lens so that doesn't surprise me, I liked the GH2 but hated the shutter and the LCD, spoiled an otherwise excellent camera for me.

Most likely the same sensor, for all intents and purposes the performance of all the latest Oly's is currently the same. Panasonic have also ditched making their own sensors in favour of Sony.

That`s a good move, Sony really know how to get native noise levels down , the RX100`s sensor (although overhyped , I have one) almost breaks the laws of physics .

Never tried it but everyone speaks highly of it. I've never been a fan of Sony's colour, totally subjective of course but doesn't work for me. It's the reason I recently plumped for a G1-X over it, as a newbie to Canon I really like Canon's colours, which is odd considering I'm an old time Olympus user and people rave about Oly colours, but there you go. I'm totally enjoying Canons offerings at the moment, definitely good enough for me.

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

-- hide signature --

667....neighbour of the beast.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow