As an avid m4/3 (and other ILC) user, let me chime in here....

Started Jul 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
papillon_65 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,030
Re: Simply not true.....

AdamT wrote:

as soon as I saw ""DXO mark"" mentioned I stopped reading your last post.....

I found the OMD to be a fantastically sharp camera in RAW with a superb JPG engine but neither the DR nor high ISOs to match the Canon 18Mp sensor let alone the Sony and Toshiba ones in the latest Nikons and Fujis

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

Well DXOmark clearly show that not to be true and I can categorically confirm that the OMD's dynamic range is most definitely a stop better at base ISO. You can pull and push the OMD raw files harder than the EOS-M no problem. Even my 5D2 cannot compete with the OMD at base ISO in terms of dynamic range (though it does much better at higher ISO's as you'd expect). Of course you can say otherwise with nothing at all to substantiate it, anyone is free to do that of course. You can also dismiss DXOmark, however my experience of many different cameras and sensors tells me that they are usually bang on the money, and in this case they definitely are. The EOS-M blows highlights much easier than an OMD, I guarantee it.

-- hide signature --

667....neighbour of the beast.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow