Employee at a french metro station told me i can not take photos outside today

Started Jul 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GRphotos
GRphotos Forum Member • Posts: 67
Employee at a french metro station told me i can not take photos outside today

OK so i was in the south of france visiting friends, i took the metro from capitol to the last station called balma groumout to catch a bus to Balma, this metro station is the final stop, i had to wait 17 mins before the bus came so i noticed people taking photos with their iphones and i decided to take some of my son with the DSLR.

out of no where comes this employee saying i am not allowed to take photos outside and demanded i show a authorization, i asked him if the girls at the station taking photos with iphones have one and he said he did not care, i have a dslr,he demanded my camera if i do not have a authorization, i put the camera in my bag and told him nope, we are outside, the only authorization i need is from the people if i plan to use the images commercially, remind you this is not on the metro property, even so i was told we can film at concerts and metro stations if outside, its only when filming children that it becomes sort of a legal lingo in france, outside as i understood, we can shoot anyone but need authorizations if a person's face is clearly singled out or the center of the image or simply the attracted of the image.

but is there nothing we can show to explain to some people that we have rights like iphone users to photograph outdoors, street photography?

-- hide signature --

5dmkiii, 24-105MM, Lexar 32 CF, Sandisk 64 SD, Cinematics rig

GRphotos's gear list:GRphotos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow