Exposure triangle explanation please.

Started Jul 9, 2013 | Questions thread
Guidenet
Guidenet Forum Pro • Posts: 15,748
Flux Capacitor

TTMartin wrote:

Guidenet wrote:

TTMartin wrote:

Doc Brown explains the Exposure Triangle to Marty McFly.

LOL heheheh.. now you're responsible for all the coffee I just spewed forth on my monitor screen. That has to be the funniest thing in this thread yet and apropos.

Actually I thought of a mechanical way of showing how the exposure triangle interacts. Using loops of strings to represent the available light. And pegs on holes going out on three boards, for Av, Tv, and ISO. As long as the string goes back to the center. As you move one peg, you have to move a corresponding peg. When I made a sketch, I realized I had just invented a flux capacitor.

Just too funny. That picture of Doc Brown and his drawing is so perfect for this discussion. You made the absolutely best contribution in my book. It made my morning. I screen shot it and sent it with explanation to my Jan in Miami. She will love it too.

I like your string and pegs idea as well. Makes sense but not as funny. Thanks, my friend. Just perfect. You win the post of the month award with that.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile - f/22 Club Member
I reserve the right to make mistakes in reasoning and logic as well as to change my mind anytime I wish. I also ask forbearance with respect to my typos. Please take a look at my gallery here at DPR.

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow