Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
artlmntl Senior Member • Posts: 1,804
Re: How many.

BirgerH wrote:

Hi.

Where are exactly these Nikon horror-stories? And most horror-stories are exactly stories.

Just scanned the threads of the D5100. There were some, but not many complaints - most of them depending on user-errors and some very few camera-failures. Is that horror??? There are failures everywhere, and there is warranty to Work it out.

Why would warranty be wanted else.

If these "stories" scares you away without letting you make your own judgement, then you can't buy nothing.

BirgerH.

I don't keep a collection of handy links for this occasion. I tend to look at products that interest me  and enter terms like "camera x complaints", "Camera Y problems", etc. Then I follow the links. The horror is not that items have problems, The horror is when you find that the manufacturer doesn't really do anything about it. In this thread alone, there is evidence that dealing with Nikon USA warranty service is not really a lot of fun, but I don't think anybody else is *that* much better. Mostlym you buy your item with the expectation that, if it's going to fail, it will fail pretty quickly. Then, you exchange it. Even so, nobody wants to buy a problem. That's maybe the D5100. I read enough cases where the Black Screen of death occurred and Nikon sort of said, "We don't see a problem. Please reboot your camera." And that was that. So, no D5100 for me. YMMV

You're right, though: If we get too wrapped up in horror stories, we would never buy anything!

-- hide signature --

Hunter

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow