D7100 - Wildlife Digital Art (not everyone's cup of tea)

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,153
Re: D7100 - Wildlife Digital Art (not everyone's cup of tea)

RudyPohl wrote:

artlmntl wrote:

I like the idea, but the background is too strong and contrasty. The diagonal striping effect is distracting and does not add to the composition. But I see a lot of potential there for you. If you're having fun, you should do more of that.

Yea Hunter, that's all I'm doing (bored artist wanting to play around with some images on his coffee break)... I'm definitely not trying to create a new kind of art form, nor am I saying I'm tired of traditional wildlife photography (not at all)... just having a bit of fun.

I do find it interesting and a bit humorous that my original photo posted in my Flickr account got 119 visits and 5 favourites over 17 days and the stylized version got 4,080 visits and 260 favourites in one day yesterday.

Rudy

Rudy,

Explore is an interesting beast.  My own experience with it tells me there is little correlation between how well an image does on flickr and how it is received here.  Not to say one or the other is better but the audiences are far removed from each other.  Getting an image to go on Explore is a nice treat, for sure, but I can post that same image here and hear just the hum of my fluorescent light bulb.  Plus, you are definitely right about alterations making a big difference on flickr.  I posted one reflection image.  Got a few comments.  Upon the advice of a contact, I edited the shot.  Almost immediately upon posting, it went ballistic.  No substantial change.  Just flipping and cropping.  I am glad you received some positive feedback on Explore.  That can only help to encourage you to continue pursuing and exploring your own unique style.  Which seems pretty well received here, too.  No reason to restrict yourself.  Photography is like Baskin-Robbins:  there is a flavor for everyone.

See you here or there!

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GPW
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow