D7100 - Wildlife Digital Art (not everyone's cup of tea)

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
kgbruce01 Senior Member • Posts: 1,245
Re: D7100 - Wildlife Digital Art (not everyone's cup of tea)

This one is ages better than the obviously PS'd one you first posted.

RudyPohl wrote:

Hisma wrote:

my question to you rudy is...

what emotion or feeling did you want to convey with the green background?

When I see green, I think nature, sophistication... generally a warm feeling. The particularly darker shade of green you chose is striking.

Just curious if you chose the background based on a feeling you were trying to convey, or if it just seemed to be what worked best. Personally, I think art should invoke emotions, so I hope it was something you considered. (i'm guessing you did)

Hi Hisam:

Great question. Yes, I did consider it quite carefully. This background was created from the actual background in the photo (see below). I flipped the image horizontally, cut out the Heron and the log and water in the foreground placing them on a separate layer above the original layer. I took the background foliage layer, applied generous Gausian Blur, then applied a Motion Blur, and finally darkened the background to taste. This way I was able to create a stylized version of the original background retaining the real colours. It seemed to work.

Rudy

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GPW
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow