Battery drain with D800?

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
IROAR New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Battery drain with D800?

NikonFondler wrote:

As I previously stated I sent off my camera to Nikon for warranty repairs on the battery drain problem. Here is what was fixed:

The AC/DC converter was replaced as well as the side cover...

I dont know if that is the same problem that everyone else has or not but the battery drain issue has been fixed.

I know this is an older thread but I am currently having the same problem.  Turn camera off and it will drain a near fully charged battery in 24 hours. I did notice that the green light flashes on the bottom right of the camera while in the off position.  If I depress the trigger half way and hold it for about a second the green light shuts off and the battery no longer discharges in the camera off position.   Another fix is to leave the camera on.  Anybody know what the green light flashing means and why it can be turned off when I depress the trigger part way?

This condition started after the camera was about 6 months old and around the time I did the firmware upgrade although I am not certain it started to happen after that date.

Thanks

Greg

IROAR's gear list:IROAR's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow