Quick review / comparison of Sirui T-025 and Sirui T-1205X

Started Jul 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
dscottsatx
dscottsatx Regular Member • Posts: 407
Re: Quick review / comparison of Sirui T-025 and Sirui T-1205X

mfj197 wrote:

However there is a flaw with this tripod, and it's a big one. The centre column is fixed and cannot retract between the legs, so the camera is always about a foot above the apex of the legs. This causes problems in even slightly windy conditions, and a few times I was either grateful of a horizontal railing to brace the tripod against or I just had to take a few shots to hope for a keeper. The centre column will indeed extend even further up, but only at your own peril. The fixed centre column also limits the minimum height of the tripod.

Michael

FWIW, Sirui has released an updated version of the T-025 called the T-025X--it features a removable center column.

I was going to buy the T-025 but when I went to Amazon I saw that there was an additional model listed, the T-025X. I have it and, so far, quite like it. I've only taken it out in the garden once, but it seems nearly as functional as my old Manfrotto while weighing a few tons less and taking up half the space.

http://siruiprofessionaltripods.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/new-sirui-t-series-tripod-kits-making-sirui-tripods-even-better/

dscottsatx's gear list:dscottsatx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow