Filters and step down rings
I have a technical(?) question concerning filters and step down rings. I tried the 'General Photo Techniques' forum but did not get any responses.
My Sigma 17-50 f2.8 lens is 77mm and the next lens I am considering is a Sigma 10-20 f3.5 with 82mm.
I shoot Landscapes and travel photography (along with the obligatory family pictures).
1) Do I buy the 82mm Hoya ND400 and a step down ring? Or two Hoya's. Any side effects with the step-down ring on the 17-50?
2) Do I really need to have a ND400 for the 10-20?
3) I have a 77mm CPL and I have heard that a) I do not need it on a 10-20 lens; is this true? Also, can both the CPL & ND x400 be stacked? Is the order relative?
Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I hope this is the right forum to post this query!
Pentax K-5 IIs, Sigma 17-50 f2.8 EX DC HSM, LX3, Pentax MX w/Pentax 40-80 & Soligor 80-200 f4.5 lenses, Lightroom 5.0, CS6
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power