Still Loving my D300 after 1 year

Started Jul 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gpruitt54
Gpruitt54 Forum Member • Posts: 85
Re: Still Loving my D300 after 1 year

Kris in CT wrote:

Gpruitt54 wrote:

I am pleased to hear of people making great photos with bargain pin gear. Excellent work!

I know this is a gear forum, but I'm the oddball. I can't afford all the newest, latest and greatest toys so I make the most of what I have. I have less invested in the D300 and the Tokina 300 F2.8 combined than a d7100 body only would cost, so with the savings I can almost pay rent and make car payments

-- hide signature --

My sober voyage into bird photography
http://www.facebook.com/KristoferRowePhotography

Yeah, its like of a gear thread, but it more of a sharing and information thread.

Amen, to not spending mounts of dollars on gear.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a brand new D3x and some really kick putt F2.8 glass.  But like you said, car, home, kids, dog; all must be addressed first.  As for me, I buy used as I can. Though I just bought a 18-200 super zoom as a nice walking around lens and for events I do several times a year for my company.

Anyway, good work and great photos.

Gpruitt54's gear list:Gpruitt54's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow