nikon 10-24 or tokina 11-16 for D7100

Started Jul 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
VadymA Senior Member • Posts: 1,273
Re: Perception: UW lenses are not at the same level of quality as the telephoto lenses

nkistrup wrote:

Bottom Line: Want the ultra wide equiv. of my Nikon 70-200 f4, which I don't think exists yet. Am I wrong?

I agree with you that UWA selection is not as clear cut in terms of winners than in other focal ranges. I didn't have nearly as many troubles selecting long or mid zoom for my budget as I had with UWA. But on the other side of the coin is the fact that there is NO equivalent to UWA in terms of image composition. You can never get a shot like the one below with anything else but UWA. I am not asking for CC as I can find many flaws in in this shot myself but for a family album it is perfect. The point is that you can only get this angle of view with UWA (I was standing just two feet away from the girl almost backing to the wall). To me, the opportunity to have a shot like that is worth MUCH MORE than any imperfection in the lens.

VadymA's gear list:VadymA's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wf1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow