Sandvox -- and extremely capable Mac website builder

Started Jun 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Hen3ry OP Forum Pro • Posts: 16,390
Re: I'm intrigued -- no response

Richard B. wrote:

Hi Geoff,

Sandvox was fairly heavily promoted as a replacement for iWeb when Apple stopped development on that product, so it may not be news to many.

I use Sandvox for my history web site, it works very nicely for a basic web site. I don't use it for online photo galleries, as there are better choices here for presentation of photographs and integration with desktop editing tools.

Impressive site, Richard, ith a huge amount of research, image collection, etc.

I suspect a lot of drive has gone out of the individal website market because of the rise and rise of facebook et al.

However, I am using Sandvox v.2 as a professional tool and finding it does an excellent job.

A bit of humor -- one of the reasons I moved to Sandvox was its more search engine friendly code and its Google integration.

The first site I rebuilt in it is my private promotion for Rabaul/Kokopo, After pretty much finalizing it and publishing it, I had need to do a Google search for something that was within tis purview. There was right there, the fifth reference on the first Google page.

Only thing was, that was the old site which I had just taken down.

Sod's law, eh! 

However, I'm expecting the new site to perform much better within a few weeks.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow