E-1 - temptated .. but what about 5 MP DETAIL ?!? Locked

Started Jul 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
John King
John King Forum Pro • Posts: 14,941
Re: E-1 - temptated .. but what about 5 MP DETAIL ?!?

Gidday BaBha

Here are a couple of images taken with a friend's E-1 + 14~54 MkI (borrowed from him before I bought mine ... ).

Needless to say, these are web sized images, and thus lose a considerable amount of their detail and presence because of the reduction in file size and pixel dimensions, and their conversion to sRGB for web use (as do all image files posted by anyone ... ).

I have printed the second image at A2 size, and one can easily see the individual strands of hair. They are very well defined.

Note that the point of focus is the tip of the brush, not the artiste's hair

This image has been printed at A2 size (17" x 22" nominal)

Hope these are of some help in your decision making process.

BTW, I very much like my E-1. Specially used with the 14~54 MkII and f/2 50 macro, but also with two kit lenses - 14~45 and 40~150 MkI, as well as with a variety of legacy manual focus lenses.

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --
The Camera doth not make the Man (nor Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...
"I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a {deleted}. Goes with the territory." boggis the cat
Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow