Concerned about articulated backs.

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
skanter Forum Pro • Posts: 18,039
Re: Concerned about articulated backs.

Midwest wrote:

BaldCol wrote:

ParadiseGarden wrote:

I don't think it's that big of a deal, I've used a number of cameras with articulated backs and it has never bothered me. Some people love them and use them a lot. I personally have never felt the need for them but still don't mind having it.

Again I repeat, I have nothing against articulated backs! What I was wondering is whether the space taken up by the hinge will result in less physical buttons on a 7D MkII if it comes with such a screen.

Aha, another indication that the 7D won't have flip/twist LCD. The 7D's ergonomics are very highly regarded; futzing around with the button location to add a screen (IMO) probably more of interest to enthusiasts than pros would seem unlikely to happen. The 7D and its successor are aimed at the professional market, regardless of who buys them, and I expect Canon to keep the 7D MkII true to the concept.

I hope Canon keeps the fixed screen on the 7DII - then I won't be lusting after one as I would never again buy a fixed-screen camera.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow