Concerned about articulated backs.

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 18,063
Re: Articulating screen very useful for macro, tripod at odd position

BaldCol wrote:

NancyP wrote:

Serious back saver. I don't shoot movies, so I don't use it a lot, but the screen does help greatly when photographing near the ground, at the high point of the tripod (I am short), when making zenith and near-zenith shots, etc. I learned exactly how useful the articulating screen is when I tried the 6D in astrophotography shots. Many annoying contortions later, I had my photos, but I must say that the experience would have been improved greatly if the 6D had had the articulating screen. Yes, I know that I could use a right angle finder - what I would need would be a combination LCD loupe with right angle mirror, because that's where I do my focusing for macro and astro, on the 10x magnified view on the LCD.

I agree, I use Live View a lot with he 5x and 10x views. My concern is that I would use other functionality (ie the buttons) if the articulated back is introduced. All speculation of course, we don't even know if there will be a 7d MkII.

I fully expect there to be a 7D Mk II, and those who want an articulated screen already have their camera, the 70D.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow