Started Jul 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
papillon_65
papillon_65 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,030
Re: I would not be looking at it now.

goblin wrote:

veroman wrote:

...But the E-1 beats its handling, too.

For having owned both the d200 and the E-1 at the same time for a long, long time, I strongly disagree.

I don't know what the whole legend with the E-1's handling is, but it's only plus is that it's a small camera for large hands.

In your opinion and for your needs of course. For my sized hands it's a completely different story and I'm clearly not alone on that one. I find it ideal and better than my Canon 5D2 ergonomically but I understand it's not for everyone.

For people witl small hands, it's just the same nightmare as any other big Oly DSLR. The thumbwheel is placed a hundred miles away from where it should be.

Very few cameras can match the handling of the d200. The grip is good, the buttons are pretty much at the right place. The combined Power on / Light on button on the index finger is a gem. AF selector is at the right place, not an inch aside like on the E-1.

Last but not least - the battery grip (when installed) doesn't look and feel like an hemoroid on a rhino's behind, unlike the HLD on the E-1.

Misunderstand me not, I just ordered my third E-1 last night. It's just that there is absolutely no comparison possible between the D200 and the E-1, in any way. They are generations appart in every way.

-- hide signature --

667....neighbour of the beast.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow