Concerned about articulated backs.

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
skanter Forum Pro • Posts: 17,646
Re: I'll buy a hat and eat it...

Don Richardson wrote:

Not sure but I believe one of the things that keeps the 7D II ahead of the 70D and a required camera in the crop line up is it's ruggedness in the field. Don't get me wrong, I like the articulated LCD on my 60D but I'm not as rough on a camera as some and it is a weak spot in the build quality for some wildlife photographer. Let's face it, some photographers require heaver built and tougher cameras in the field than others.

Pros who use their cameras every day to make a living need the most rugged gear, and go for the top-of-the-line as is appropriate. Enthusiasts make lesser demands on their gear, and usually are very careful with cameras and lenses as they are NOT making money with the gear and have paid a lot. In any case, there is no evidence that the 7D magnesium body is any stronger than the polycarbonate of the 60/70D. The contrary could be the case. The 7D could have better weatherproofing for people who like to shoot in nasty conditions. I don't.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow