Concerned about articulated backs.

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
skanter Forum Pro • Posts: 16,989
Re: Concerned about articulated backs.

f64manray wrote:

skanter wrote:

f64manray wrote:

Well, then the buttons must go somewhere else because trying to push the 7DII as a cinema device without a flip screen would be an epic fail. But what the hec, they gave us the 70D with all this improved focus for movie mode, and left off the headphone jack so you can't monitor that nice mic you just plugged in to the mic jack on the 70D. Another Epic fail. Thanks, Canon.

Anyone who is at all serious about video has installed Magic lantern firmware, which (in addition to countless other incredible features) transforms the mini-USB jack to a headphone jack with a special cable that can easily be made.

Hopefully the geniuses at ML will have a 70D version soon...

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Well, maybe as I get more serious, I'll rely on third party hackers (as magical as they are) to supply features for my cam. Until then, the GH3 & D7100 supply a headphone jack from the manufacturer. I expect Canon to pull their head out and do the same at this price point. And of course, ML will never supply a flip screen.

My 60D has vari-angle screen, headphone jack from ML and countless amazing features for video (and stills)that Canon, Nikon and Panny haven't dreamed of.  Not an issue for me...

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow