Concerned about articulated backs.

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dale Garman Contributing Member • Posts: 825
Re: Concerned about articulated backs.

Tapper123 wrote:

happysnapper64 wrote:

I hope not. I have the 60D with articulating screen & it is very handy for me as I can't bend low because of knee & back problems. I also have the 7D & the controls are briliantly laid out. I think an articulating screenat the expense of the current layout, would be a backward step IMO.

Articulated screen does not affect button layout.

It's a great feature that only adds usefulness and versatility to the camera. There is no downside. It's also safer than non-articulated because it can be rotated inward to fully protect the screen, and grouchy old guys who hate new stuff can simply leave it in neutral position and never use the articulation.

I think it does affect button in the sense that the joystick is gone.  I use that heavily with my 7D, and this camera has a similar number of AF points.  It's more button clicks to do the same task which was one of my main gripes about the 60D

Dale Garman's gear list:Dale Garman's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow